Ripple (XRP) is one of the hottest new cryptocurrencies and it only costs a bit over $0.50 per coin. But might be a bit harder to buy it than a Bitcoin as it’s not available in popular apps. However, we’ll be glad to walk you through how to buy Ripple in USA and how to do it safely.
XRP is a little different from other popular cryptocurrencies because it was created by a private, for-profit company that is still the biggest individual owner of the currency.
Ripple exchanges available in USA
Only some of Ripple’s recommended exchanges include support for buying XRP with the U.S. dollar, which would be the easiest way as they might be overloaded, but not in the USA. So we will provide you with a few options here to select the best match.
Kraken is pleased to provide the following pairs for trading between ripples (XRP) and four fiat currencies (EUR, USD, JPY, and CAD)! The trading pairs mean that clients who want to sell or buy ripple with USD in exchange can now do it directly.
Bitstamp has also launched XRP trading on its exchange where XRP is paired with USD and EUR. To purchase XRP you will need to open and verify your Bitstamp account. When the account verification is successfully completed, you will have a chance of depositing funds and buying Ripple with dollars.
Binance is the fastest growing exchange for trading cryptocurrencies. It has reached the 10th position among the top volume cryptocurrency exchanges during the last 5 months. Binance has become so popular due to some of the factors such as availability in multiple languages, very neat user interface, and it also enables processing the orders at an extremely high speed. Binance exchange is available only for trading cryptocurrencies, including Ripple. However, buying Ripple with dollars is not possible, so you will first have to buy Bitcoin and only then the desired XRP.
In case other exchanges are overloaded, you can try buying XRP via Bitsane. However, there is no direct USD/XRP pairing available here. After registering your own free account and making a deposit, either crypto currency or conventional money, you can buy Bitcoins, Litecoins, Ethereum, Iconomi in order to buy Ripple afterwards.
Poloniex is one of the major exchanges in the top 10 by XRP volume, but it does not support XRP/USD pairing yet, so you will also need to deposit BTC or ETH and then exchange them into Ripple.
Short ripple buying guide
If you live in the USA and thinking of buying a new popular Ripple currency using your credit card, I am afraid we have some bad news for you. Unfortunately, there is no easy and direct way to buy Ripple with USD. No matter what state you live in, you will first have to buy Bitcoins or Ethereum with your credit card and only then convert them to Ripple.
We want to believe that our short ripple buying guide will be handy when you decide to become a Ripple owner:
• Select an exchange. If you still don’t have any Bitcoin or Ether in your wallet, then you should select a reliable exchange to buy some. Coinbase is the easiest way to buy bitcoin with a credit card in the USA with USD.
• Create an account. Set up and verify your account.
• Buy cryptocurrency. Since you are from the US, you firstly need to buy Bitcoins or Ethereum with your US credit card.
• Select a Ripple-friendly exchange. Once you have the BTC or ETH you still need to select one of the exchanges that supports BTC/XRP or ETH/XRP pairs to convert your Bitcoin into Ripple. You can select one of the exchanges listed above, e.g. Binance.
• Create an account. Set up and verify your account in Binance.
• Transfer your BTC or ETH to Binance.
• Convert to Ripple. Once you have the Bitcoins or ETH, you can convert them to Ripple in about 10 minutes.
• Withdraw Ripple. We would not recommend storing your XRP on an exchange! You should withdraw your Ripple to an offline wallet like the Ledger Nano S or any other wallet that you will control.
Despite the fact that direct Ripple buying with dollars is not possible in USA yet, we still encourage you playing with this cryptocurrency as it might make you a fortune in the future. We would also appreciate you sharing your experience and hints on buying Ripple in the States.
Read also: IOTA vs Ripple: What’s the Difference?