You probably already heard about the EOS crypto and know that it is designed to be a much more scalable and easier-to-use version of Ethereum, but with a similar range of functionality. It aims to offer a blockchain network where anyone can participate safely and without any particular technical knowledge, while also offering a full range of advanced features: a user-friendly software interface of the platform; horizontal and vertical scalability; human-friendly features such as the ability to set delayed transactions. Getting interested how to buy EOS? Then this guide was written for you.
EOS is funded via the sale of tokens. It’s unique, in that one billion ERC-20 tokens will be distributed over a one-year period. In other words, everyone will have an equal chance to buy tokens. While EOS tokens are available for purchase only from June 26, 2017 to June 18, 2018.
Where to Buy EOS Coin?
EOS currency is limited to crypto-to-crypto exchanges, so that means to purchase EOS via credit/debit card or a bank wire, we must firstly purchase Bitcoin or Ethereum on a fiat exchange, and then send it to a secondary exchange where EOS is sold on Bitcoin and Ethereum pairs.
It means the first thing you need to do is to buy either Bitcoin or Ethereum if you do not have any of those coins yet, then you need to register on some exchange and buy one of the listed above digital coins.
Secondly, EOS cryptocurrency, which is ERC-20 token, can be bought and sold on many major cryptocurrency exchanges like Binance, Kraken, Bitfinex, Changelly, ShapeShift or HitBTC. And the coins can be stored using wallets like Jaxx, Exodus or Metamask. You can also use Trezor or Ledger Nano S wallets, but in this case you will need to connect the wallet to MyEtherWallet.
Just remember, that United States citizens, residents and entities cannot purchase EOS tokens. The same goes for those from the People’s Republic of China.
How to Buy EOS Cryptocurrency?
Where can I buy EOS? We have prepared a list of the most popular exchanges where you can buy EOS coin.
Buy EOS on Binance
Binance has quickly established itself as one of the most popular cryptocurrency exchanges. It has listed dozens of altcoins, including EOS tokens. Unfortunately, you can only fund your Binance account with cryptocurrencies, which can be somewhat limiting. However, you do have the options to get BTC and ETH pairs.
- Start with creating your account on Binance.
- After you are logged in, you either need to buy BTC/ETH or you need to deposit them if you have any of those coins on some other exchange or wallet.
- After your Bitcoin or Ethereum arrives to Binance, you will need to go to the trading pair of the currency you just sent. If you sent Bitcoin, then you want to go to the BTC/EOS trading pair. If it was Ethereum, then you should go to the ETH/EOS trading pair.
- Enter your order in the bottom middle section. You have two options here, a market order or limit order. In a market order, you select an amount of a cryptocurrency you want to buy, and it will automatically be processed at the going rate. To access a market order, hit the tab between Limit and Stop-Limit. In a limit order, you select a price and rate. The order will execute when the chosen price is sold into.
- Once your order is filled, you have successfully purchased EOS!
Buy EOS on Changelly
Changelly is a swift cryptocurrency exchange platform founded in 2013 and headquartered in Prague, Czech Republic. It is limited to crypto-to-crypto exchanges and supports residents from every country across the world.
- Create an account on Changelly.
- After you sign in, select the input and output currency. The input currency is the cryptocurrency you are sending to the address, and the output currency is the currency you want to receive. In the example above I am sending BTC and receiving EOS.
- Because Changelly never holds your coins, you will need a valid EOS wallet address. Once you have your EOS address, enter it into the field. After hitting Next button, you will be asked to send the Bitcoin or whatever input currency you selected to an address.
Buy EOS on Kraken
Kraken is a top European based exchange and offers a variety of fiat to bitcoin pairs such as JPY, EUR, GBP and USD as well as BTC and ETH pairs with EOS and EOS/USD, EOS/EUR pairs.
Kraken is known for being relatively easy to register, and for offering comparatively low fees. However, it might suffer some performance issues during peak trading times.
Fees vary depending on the volume – for main trading pairs this is between 0.1-0.35% – however for other less common crypto pairs the range can be as low as 0.05% or as high as 0.75%. There are also 0% fees for traders offering liquidity.
- Register on the Kraken
- Deposit funds into your Kraken account.
- Once your account is funded, you can use the order forms under the “New Order” tab to place orders for buying EOS crypto.
Buy EOS on Bitfinex
Bitfinex is a Hong Kong based trading platform that provides advanced services for cryptocurrency traders. The exchange was founded in 2012 by Raphael Nicolle. Their primary focus is on the US market. It is one of the few cryptocurrency exchanges with an EOS/USD pair, so it’s a popular option for anyone buying EOS. However, it’s not a particularly beginner-friendly platform, since it has a rather complex interface.
- Sign up to Bitfinex. A username, email address, and password are required.
- Secure Your Account with a 2-Factor Authentication (2FA). It’s highly recommended, but not required.
- Deposit onto Bitfinex. Click the deposit button in the menu of your account. Here you’ll see all cryptocurrency and fiat deposit options. Keep in mind you’ll need to verify your account to use Euro or US Dollar bank wires. If you’re making a cryptocurrency deposit, you’ll be given an address where to send your chosen cryptocurrency.
- Buy EOS with USD, Bitcoin, or Ethereum. Hover your mouse above the “Trading” menu, move the cursor downward to “EOS”, then move the cursor to the right and select whichever trading pair is appropriate based upon your asset deposit: EOS/USD, EOS/BTC, or EOS/ETH. Upon fulfillment of your order, your EOS tokens will be visible to you on the “Balances” tab. From there you can withdraw your EOS tokens to a secure, EOS-supported wallet through the wallet tab on the page’s top-right area.
EOS is a very ambitious project that has potential to completely change the way we look at cryptocurrencies. EOS tokens can be bought on many exchanges, but two of the most common platforms are Binance and Bitfinex. You can trade your existing Bitcoin (BTC) and Ethereum (ETH) for EOS on both exchanges. While exchanges like Bitfinex give you the additional option of using U.S. Dollars to acquire EOS directly.