How to Buy Bitcoin at Walmart?
By now, most everyone knows that Bitcoin can be bought on exchanges like Coinbase, or purchased directly from other people via P2P platforms. You can also pay for them in a variety of ways – hard cash, credit or debit cards, bitcoin cards, wire transfers, or other cryptocurrencies. The biggest factors in choosing a payment method are the seller, your urgency, and your location.
- ✅Bank Account (ACH) and Wire Transfer payment methods are available for withdrawal your money.
- ✅Coinbase can also be a software wallet that can help you store, buy, and sell BTC. There is also a feature where you can request money, either in USD or BTC
- ✅The most compliant BTC exchange for U.S. account holders.
Now, you can even buy Bitcoin at Walmart! Yes, you can! However, it is a bit more complicated than buying groceries, as Walmart doesn’t stock Bitcoin on their shelves. Keep reading to find out how to buy Bitcoin at Walmart.
Where to start?
You should start with a Bitcoin wallet – a place where you will store your future bitcoin. This is like a bank account for BTC. Read about different types of wallets to decide which one is your best match and register there to get a Bitcoin wallet address.
After you figured it out with the wallet, you are ready to buy and sell the crypto coins. If you want to buy your first bitcoin and don’t really feel like doing it via an exchange, you can always find someone in your area selling their bitcoins for cash or even a gift card.
Buy Bitcoin with Walmart Gift Card
Let’s say you have some extra Walmart gift cards that you would love to exchange for BTC. You find another person who is willing to sell his/her bitcoin to get those gift cards. It’s a win-win situation, everybody’s happy.
How to Buy Bitcoins with Cash at Walmart?
With the Walmart2Walmart money transfers you can send money to any Walmart in the U.S. including Puerto Rico fast. Prices start at $4:
- $4 fee for a $0-$50 transfer
- $8 fee for a $50-$1,000 transfer
- $16 fee for a $1,000-$2,500 transfer
All you need to do is to visit the nearest Walmart store to deposit cash to the teller at the customer service area and then have it transferred over to a BTC seller. These transfers can be made by anyone and at any Walmart.
As it was stated before, BTC sellers may choose different payment methods, including the Walmart2Walmart money transfers.
- Get a Bitcoin wallet. You can read the reviews to find what you really need.
- P2P exchange. Select the person-to-person marketplace. The system will pair your location with that of sellers in the area nearby. I would suggest LocalCoinSwap or Paxful (the fees are a bit expensive here). You can buy BTC with online transfers, debit/credit cards, gift cards, and in cash deposits, which is the category that Walmart2Walmart transfers falls under.
- Choose the amount of Bitcoins you want to buy and enter your email to sign up.
- Select your payment method for cash deposits. Then you will see a list of payment options on the left hand side of the page in which you will see Walmart2Walmart listed.
- Drive to Walmart to deposit the cash, and have the money transferred to the seller’s Walmart. All the information you need as far as where to transfer the money will be listed on Paxful.
- Verify the transaction by uploading the receipt you got from the teller at Walmart.
- The seller will release the BTC to you within 3 hours, perhaps even in as little as 10 minutes. It depends on the seller.
Bitcoin is crazy popular nowadays and there are millions of people who buy/sell BTC every day around the world. There are dozens of options on how to get some BTC, and buying coins at Walmart is one of them. Does Walmart accept bitcoin? I am afraid to say it, but not yet. And who knows how it’s going to be in a year or so.